The Mystery Science Theater 3000 Fanvid and Live-performance Database
This set of web pages (hereinafter referred to as a website) is not devoted to information concerning the television show Mystery Science Theater 3000. It is a website devoted to the collection of information concerning amateur video productions and live performances of, or resembling, the television show Mystery Science Theater 3000. This database contains two databases: one for videos, one for live performances. It is actually a database of databases. Science!
"More information about fan-produced MST3K than you ever wanted."
Database Databases Index
- Fanvid Database
- Live Performance Database
Database Features Index
- The Tutorials - Producers tell how they did it when they did, so you'll know how when you do.
- Card Catalog , The - Alphabetized lists for quick access to more in-depth information.
- Gab-o-rama - Find out where the fanvid fat is chewed.
- From the Horse's Mouth - Interviews with producers
- Dating Service - Look for help with your project.
- The Scriptory - Scripts for reading and learning, but not stealing.
- Fish List - List of fan-productions that just didn't fit in the main catagories but should be mentioned anyway.
Database Information Index
- News and Announcements - about fanvids, live-productions, and this website.
- The History of this website - things that changed
- Caveats and Information - copyrights, disclaimers, how to get listed, etc.
- Submission Guidelines - for submitting new projects, help-wanteds, and wanna-helps.
- Amazing Tidbits:
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 is also known as MST3K, MST3000, MST, and just plain "Mystery Science" or "Mystery Science Theater".
- Fan-produced videos are also known as fanvids, fan-made videos, fan-produced video productions, and fan-films.
- Sometimes people call the show "Mystery Science Theater 2000", but that's 1000 less than the truth.
- The show is definitely not called "Mystery Science Fiction Theater 3000", but some people think it is.
- The MST3K Fanvid Database used to be called "An Exhaustive List of Mystery Science Theater 3000 Fan-made Videos".
- The plural of fanvid is fanvids. So, if you say, "MST3K fanvids," then you are talking about either more than one MST3K fanvid, or all Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan-made videos in general.
- Some people spell it the British way: 'Mystery Science Theatre 3000', but we won't be doing that here.
- MST3K fanvids are distinguished from MSTings (or MiSTings) and fan-fiction (fanfics) by having been performed, rather than only written.
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 fanvids are not amateur music videos featuring clips of TV shows or movies or anime (AMV's) set to music. They are actual episodes made by fans that attempt to mimic exactly, or are simply in the spirit of, MST3K.
- Mystery McCloud Theater 3000 and Mystery Trekker Theater 3000 are not valid Ryan K. Johnson fanvid titles, but some losers are selling illegal/unauthorized copies of RKJ's fanvids under those titles. (Do not confuse the latter with Mystery Trekkie Theater 3000 which is a live-production put on by Peter David.)
- MST3K fanvids are actual episodes produced by fans. They are not clips of MST3K cut together with music like a music video. This website is not about FMV's or AMV's, but it is about fanvids.
Comments and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org, where "abuse" = "mst3kfanvids".
Last updated on October 22, 2009.